2018 Subaru Support - We need a solution

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
cary.feldstein
New User

2018 Subaru Support - We need a solution

Post by cary.feldstein » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Dear Customer Support,

When I purchased my Subaru Forester 2018 I contacted a major online company and purchased an HU replacement package that included the use of the Maestro RR unit. That company did not seem aware that you did not support the 2018 models yet and I was pointed to your customer support to get my unit working. I was impressed with how far your customer support team went with helping me wire in the solution and they were very clear that until the updated firmware for the 2018 Subaru models was released I would not have full compatibility. It was also said four months ago that the update would be released soon.

At present my unit works fine in my car with the following exceptions:

1) Rear Backup Camera
2) Steering Wheel Controls
3) Electronic Telemetry Gauges

I have ordered the list above in terms of how I would rank the importance of the features. My understanding is that the 2018 Subarus use a different form of data and that is why there is such a delay.

Given the fact that the 2019 Subaru's are now hitting the market and that the 2018 models have been on market for about a year I think it is time for you to reevaluate what support you are capable of offering all the customers who are patiently waiting for the new firmware.

Can you please consider releasing a series of updated firmware versions that will incrementally improve the compatibility? For the backup camera to work (my biggest priority) it was explained to me that the existing firmware is not sending out the right voltage. Can you please release a firmware that purely solves the backup camera problem? This seems to be the simplest of the solutions and a working camera would be a huge improvement for me.

If possible then release a firmware that includes the steering wheel compatibility? While the electronic data gauges may be important to some, I see these as an expert or professional feature. I do not have the same urgency to get the gauges working as opposed to the more simple and basic features.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Cary

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2018 Subaru Support - We need a solution

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:12 pm

We are still working on a firmware solution for the 2018-up subarus. We don't make it a habit of releasing partial firmware type solutions as they still require a lot of engineering time to compile and test, but I will certainly pass your concerns along to our team. Hopefully we will have a solution that takes care of all your needs soon.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Hutchins79
New User

Re: 2018 Subaru Support - We need a solution

Post by Hutchins79 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:16 am

Same....! Help! Bought a new 2018 Crosstrek. Head unit is buggy. Even had a firmware flash from dealer already. Ready to replace head unit, but want to keep steering wheel controls. Is there an ETA for broader 2018 Subaru models support?

Return to “Subaru”