Tacoma JBL Tear out.

mchwtecheng
New User

Tacoma JBL Tear out.

Post by mchwtecheng » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi All.

I'm installing the Maestro RR in my 2015 Tacoma with factory JBL. I'm tearing out the entire JBL system and running RCA's so I want to remove some dead wiring from T01 harness. I had previously installed using the PAC RP4.2-TY11 for steering integration so I included their connector harness as reference. Now switching to Maestro RR for idatalink.

In the image below I have marked two connectors a 6 pin and a 12 pin. I want to know if I need these connectors. The 6 pin came with four rear speaker wire pairs and the blue wire shown in the image, but I have removed the speaker wires.

Does anyone know what the blue wire on Pin 6 does?
Does anyone know what the 12 pin connector does? Do I need it? I don't believe my truck even has this connector, but not sure.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Tacoma JBL Tear out.

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:57 pm

The blue wire is power antenna in non-amplified vehicles. Because you have JBL, you shouldn't have either of the plugs you're asking about.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

mchwtecheng
New User

Re: Tacoma JBL Tear out.

Post by mchwtecheng » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi Dara.

Thanks for the reply. This will help me clean up my install quite a bit.

So I will proceed to remove the 6 pin connector from this harness with the blue power-antenna wire and I will also remove the 12 pin connector and whatever unnecessary wiring that is connected to it.

Return to “TO1 radio replacement solution”