Maestro SW for Pioneer 8200NEX problem

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
babiibryan
New User

Maestro SW for Pioneer 8200NEX problem

Post by babiibryan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi guys. I have question about using idatalink Maestro SW to use the steering wheel button control my Pioneer 8200NEX.
Where do you guys tap the red wire of the Maestro to? To the constant power on (always on) or to the accessories (only on when your key is on)
Every morning when I start on the car, the steering wheel buttons don’t work. When I drive for 10-15 mins even though I don't touch anything to the steering wheel buttons or the Pioneer unit's buttons the Pioneer keeps acting crazy on its own such as volume was up and down, and modes were changing between Radio, Bluetooth, USB...by itself. It is just like ghost is acting on it. At that time all I can do is MUTE the Pioneer and let it keep doing things crazy on its own.
If I turn off the car and start on again, everything will work fine since that time to the rest of the day.
Wake up next morning, same old story happens again.
I think I have the power issue with this idatalink maestro sw. At night it looses all the power so it acts weird in the next morning. After driving for 10-15 mins, power is stored enough and it works normal. If that is the case, what can I do? Pls assist me with this problem.

Thanks

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro SW for Pioneer 8200NEX problem

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:52 am

The red wire should go to the red at the stereo, so that the SW turns on and off with the radio. If you don't have this hooked up, your volume will definitely shoot up on the radio.

It shouldn't be affected by losing power, because that's how it should be turned on and off. I suspect there is something else going on here. If you have a chance to access the module and call us to troubleshoot, we'd be happy to check the wires, make sure everything looks right there, and see if we can figure out what's causing it.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

babiibryan
New User

Re: Maestro SW for Pioneer 8200NEX problem

Post by babiibryan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi Dara,

Thanks for your response. I soldered the red wire to the accessory which will turn on the Maestro SW the same time as the radio is turning on. I am glad that I did it correct as you advised above. So I think the problem came from the other thing not from the power source.

Return to “Maestro SW”