2010 Ford F-150 w/ Sync - Phone activation not working! Please help!

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
TewSmooth18
New User

2010 Ford F-150 w/ Sync - Phone activation not working! Please help!

Post by TewSmooth18 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:52 pm

Hello all,

I am new to this. I have a 2010 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew that has Sync. Sync worked great before changing out the head unit to a Kenwood DNX574S. As far as I am aware, everything is hooked up properly, as everything was installed by a car stereo installation company. The red wire that goes to the Sync module is hooked up to the blue/orange wire that goes to the steering wheel. When I press the button with the person on it that is on the steering wheel, the lady comes on and says "Phone, Please say a command". I will tell it to call a person, and it says that there is no phone found.

If I go into the settings of the Kenwood DNX574S and go into AV, and then OEM FEATURES, there is an option in there for Sync or Radio. I have SYNC selected. But I am for some reason not seeing anything to be able to actually connect my phone to the "Sync Bluetooth". The only option that I am actually getting is for the Bluetooth of the stereo itself.

Please help me figure this out! Thank you in advance.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2010 Ford F-150 w/ Sync - Phone activation not working! Please help!

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:44 pm

You have to go to the sync phone menu and initiate the pairing process. In your radio, among all your sources, you should see one called 'TEL' or 'Bluetooth'. When you go into that menu, it should say "Sync phone". Hit the settings button in that screen, then 'connection' and 'add'. Sync should start talking to you and it will talk you through the rest of the pairing process.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”