DSR-1 Active Setup

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
studstables1
New User

DSR-1 Active Setup

Post by studstables1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:45 pm

I am running a DSR1 with a T1000X5ad for front components and sub and a T400X5ad for rears. I'm running coax in the back. So basically I'm wasting two channels on the 400 but that's ok. I wanted the flexibility. My main question has to do with how to wire the amp to the maestro t-harness. There are wires on the t-harness specifically for the tweeter and woofer separately. But the amp is front left +/- front right +/- rear left +/- rear right +/- and sub obviously comes out of the block next to the power and ground. So how do I wire it and control time alignment, fade, and balance? How do I wire the correct channel to the correct speaker? Also regarding active setup should I leave the built in amp EQ set to AP and control frequencies using the DSR1? The T400Xad setup is pretty straight forward.

I have.a question about the sub channel too. Sorry I can't find any information out there about this setup. Not even on your site. Last time I wrote to support I mentioned that in hooking up the sub I didn't want to attach the sub output to the factory harness because if I did I'd have to pull the other panel out of the truck and run an extension from the factory sub to the new enclosure I built. I want to run directly from the sub output on the T1000Xad to the sub box. Will that work? If so, would I then control bass using the optional knob and plug it into the amp instead of the DSR1? What are positives and negatives to that setup?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: DSR-1 Active Setup

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:46 am

What kind of vehicle do you have? Your questions are very hard to answer without knowing that.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

studstables1
New User

Post by studstables1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Dara thanks again for your help. I have a 2018 Ford Edge with the Sony system. They DSR-1 is flashed. The factory system has components in the front. I am going to replace the factory components with Focal 165fx components. I want to be able to use the factory wiring so I'm using the t-harness to connect from the 5-channel Rockford Fosgate T1000X5ad to power the fronts and a sub. From what I understand with the DSR-1 you can run one channel to the tweeter on one side and a second channel to the woofer. So each channel from the amp powers one speaker. Unlike the alternative where I run my own wire from the amp to the Focal crossover and then split the wire from the included crossover to each driver. I'm just not sure which channel to wire to which speaker. So for example do I use the front right channel from the amp and wire it to the front right tweeter? Do I then run the front left channel to the right side mid bass speaker? And then use the rear channels for the left front tweeter and mid bass speaker? Make sense?

studstables1
New User

Post by studstables1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:33 pm

Forget it. Turns out that Focal doesn't recommend using any other crossover active or otherwise with their speakers. I'll just have to use them normally.

Return to “Maestro DSR1”