2016 Chevy Traverse with JVC KW-M845BW

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
grantsine
New User

2016 Chevy Traverse with JVC KW-M845BW

Post by grantsine » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:27 pm

I am installing a JVC KW-M845BW into a 2016 Chevy Traverse with Bose using Maestro RR and GM5+T Harness.

I have the Blue/White wire connected to the Blue/White wire P.Control(power Control) on JVC head unit.
I have the Orange wire connected to the orange/White (Dimmer Control Wire) wire on the JVC head unit. It shows it for Kenwood, Pioneer and N/A for Alpines...is it necessary for JVC?
Do I need to connect the Light Blue/Yellow wire on the head unit to anything (steering Wheel Remote Control Wire)?
I am assuming I have no need for the LtGreen, Pink, yellow/black or Brown

I am unable to flash my Module as I do not have administrator privileges on my current computer and I will be unable to flash until I get to a computer where I can load it all up but I am trying to get done what I can.

Will the head unit come on without the module being flashed so I can see if I have any function. Currently it does not come on when I turn on the car.
Thanks
Grant

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2016 Chevy Traverse with JVC KW-M845BW

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:04 am

The module comes without programming on it, so it is unlikely that the radio will even turn on without it being flashed.

You do not need to connect the blue/yellow.

JVC and Kenwood are made by the same people, so the wiring chart for kenwood also applies for JVC. You will need the light green wire.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

grantsine
New User

Re: 2016 Chevy Traverse with JVC KW-M845BW

Post by grantsine » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Thank you your advice made everything work!

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”