2011 Nissan Frontier SV and Kenwood DPX593BT

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
jmcalafactor
New User

2011 Nissan Frontier SV and Kenwood DPX593BT

Post by jmcalafactor » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:03 pm

Just completed installation and have one problem ... The "Answer Call" SW switch does not answer calls. When I call my linked phone, the Kenwood mutes the radio and announces the incoming call but the "Off Hook" button ( flashed to "Answer Call" ) does nothing. The LED on the Maestro SW blinks red with each press so, the device "sees" the button is being pressed and all other functions / buttons work as programmed.
If I answer the call from my phone, I can end the call by pressing the "On Hook" SW switch.
I reflashed the Maestro and reassigned the "Off Hook" SW switch to "Voice / Siri" and the long-press of the same button to "Answer Call" -- the button does activate the Voice Command on the radio but, the long-press still does not answer an incoming call.

I'm assuming at this point that the wiring at the radio and interface are correct and I do have the Bluetooth module bypassed as listed in the installation guide ( Pin 12-17, 13-18 and 14-19 ) so I'm not sure where to look next. Can anyone offer any help with this ? Thanks !

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2011 Nissan Frontier SV and Kenwood DPX593BT

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:16 am

This is a steering wheel protocol issue in the radio's firmware. We have seen this before and reported it to Kenwood. Ultimately, it needs to be fixed in their radio firmware.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro SW”