2011 silverado ext.cab wt

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
joe golladay
New User

2011 silverado ext.cab wt

Post by joe golladay » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:05 am

this is my question.. my new pioneer 8200nex has a aux input and the maestro shows plugging the "d" plug into the aux on the radio. is this correct? and why? I now have no aux input off the radio..and the truck didn't come with an aux port anywhere in the truck. just looking for a clarification.. I have purchased the gm5 harness and everything else has a place on the maestro and im assuming the rr comes with extra harnesses if you wanted to wire everything in without buying the gm5? as I have a few extra harnesses not being used.. this truck is a work truck model that came with a am/fm radio and all the info is on the dash above the steering wheel.. no audio controls on wheel.. just a plain jane with no onstar or nav. I have now outfitted with aftermarket door speakers and a sub and amps.. been that way for a few years but my old pioneer went out on me and just wanted to take advantage of the new 8200 features.. thanks.. joe..

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2011 silverado ext.cab wt

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:52 am

The aux is for your OEM Satellite radio, OnStar, and turn signal clicks. If you don't plug it in, you will be missing these sounds.

The GM5 is a REQUIRED part. Yes, you will have extra harnesses, but those are for other cars/other installation types.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

joe golladay
New User

Post by joe golladay » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:32 pm

ok.. that explains a lot.. as I stated my 2011 Silverado 1500 is a work truck so it has the bare necessities.. I am in the middle of hooking up to the harness and noticed on my vehicle harness that where the speed sensor wire coming off the maestro{im assuming the green with white stripe"\} does not have a wire installed on the vehicle harness.. all I see is the pink wire off my pioneer 8200 nex hooking to the maestro rr pink wire.. no pink hooking up to the vehicle harness. but on my truck the vss is a green with white stripe which I haven't located yet.. and saw that the maestro plug had a green with white stripe so again im assuming that is it.. please correct me if im wrong.. and if not then do I just not hook the pink up to the maestro and just run it to my vehicle vss wire? thanks.. joe.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:46 pm

You're thinking too hard about it; Hook our pink to the pioneer's pink. We are generating VSS for you so you don't have to find it in the truck.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

joe golladay
New User

Post by joe golladay » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:24 pm

ok.. thank you.. does the same hold true for the reverse gear signal? my vehicle harness doesn't have that either.. on my old pioneer I had already run a wire to the reverse power so my back up camera would work. or do I need to still use the wire I already had run?.. again thanks.. joe.. just trying to make sure I don't have to open it up again.. lol..

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:47 pm

Yes. Parking brake, VSS, reverse, etc. are all generated by the module to make your install easier.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”