No sound from rear speakers in 2010 Sierra

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
chrisomay
New User

No sound from rear speakers in 2010 Sierra

Post by chrisomay » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Hello everyone. I’m trying to install an Alpine iLX-207 with a RR and GM5+ in a 2010 GMC Sierra crew cab SLE w/o Bose or NAV. Everything seems to be working as expected except for 2 things.

First, I get no sound out of the rear speakers in any source. While attempting to use the Alpine’s balance and fader, the “rear speaker” adjustment button is greyed out.

Secondly, the park assist does not beep while reversing. The proximity sensors work and alerts me on the screen (if you happen to be on that screen) but no long to rapid beeps as you near an obstacle. I’m not using the GM5+’s included speaker.

I’ve reflashed the RR a couple of times and updated the firmware on the iLX-207. The harness (Alpine, RR, GM5+) was premade by an online retailer so I can’t vouch for everything but the greens and purples are wired correctly. ODB2 plugged in.

Is there a wire or a step I’m missing somewhere along the way? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”