Subaru Outback 2016 Pioneer Nex 2440 - Backup Camera not Working

knoxvomica
New User

Subaru Outback 2016 Pioneer Nex 2440 - Backup Camera not Working

Post by knoxvomica » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:00 pm

Hey everyone,

I recently installed a Pioneer Nex 2440 to a 2016 Subaru Outback with Harman Kardon stereo. I used the SU2 harness along with the Maestro RR. Everything appears to be working fine except for the backup camera. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with getting the backup camera to work on a 2015 up Subaru Outback / Legacy. From the install instructions / wiring diagram, it clearly provides a way to hook up the backup camera for use with the Maestro harness and module.

Currently, I am able to enable the backup camera in options but when I place the car in reverse the picture is black. The Pioneer unit attemps to display the image from the backup camera RCA but no picture comes up. I was under the impression that this module would be able to handle downgrading the voltage required from 12v to 6v?

Anyways just wondering if anyone has any useful information that I might be missing regarding this particular setup.

Thanks

knoxvomica
New User

Re: Subaru Outback 2016 Pioneer Nex 2440 - Backup Camera not Working

Post by knoxvomica » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Just wanted to post a follow up to this incase anyone else is trying to do this. I tried updating the maestro idatalink module to the newest software and tried again with no luck. I decided to check the voltage coming out of the power hookup from the Idatalink but the voltage read at basically 0.

Instead I went online and purchased a "12V to 6V Converter, DROK Car Power Converter DC" from Amazon and hooked the positive "in" cable of that to the 12v backup wire and then grounded the negative "in" wire to the ground wire of the system. I then cut the current wires for the power hookup on the Idatalink harness and hooked the out wires into with some solder. Fired up the car and put it in reverse and the 12v to 6v downgrader worked like a charm!

Return to “SU2 radio replacement solution”