I have a '19 Ram Limited with the 12" screen + HK.
Just got my truck back after having a DSR1 installed and have ran into quite a large number of issues. I know it's a new truck and according to the installers it may be the first one in Canada to have one installed but it's pretty much un-usable and I've just been messing with it for a few hours today.
I made the shop aware of a couple of the issues, but I know there isn't a lot they'll be able to do because there more than likely needs to be something done to the DSR1 so I figured I'd post some issues here as well to try and help expedite if I can. Here's what I've noticed so far:
- No notification sounds through CarPlay (ringing, text message, etc)
- blind spot warning sounds not audible at all
- Reverse / Front sensor volumes can't be adjusted independently meaning that if you gain your front stage and rear stage differently at your amplifier they will be different volumes with no way to adjust them. So in my case my front sensors seem to mostly work but the rear are incredibly quiet.
- Parking sensors used to have 3 levels of audible warnings. Now they only seem to have 2. Visually there's still 3.
- Music will be playing fine and you'll tell Siri to play a new song and it will show that it's playing but no audio will come through. Replugging the phone fixes it. This also periodically happens on first plug in. Like I'll get in the truck, plug in the phone and a song will show as playing but no audio. Again replugging it will work.
- Audio will just not play at all until you get close enough to make one of your sensors go off and then music starts playing. This happens on all sources: FM, AM, XM, USB, etc. I've only had this happen twice today. During this time I shut the truck off and opened the door to have the head unit shut off. I then started it back up, still no audio. The only thing that seemed to get audio working again was to trigger the parking sensors and then music started playing. That being said, the music played at the same volume as the parking sensors and the parking sensors were not dimming the volume of the music.
- Selecting a seat memory setting just stops music from playing completely. I have to hit play after I've selected a seat memory option.
- FCW (Front Collision Warning) does not play any audible noise nor does it dim the music.
- CarPlay just 100% completely stopped working. Unplugging and plugging in, trying a different phone, etc would not get it up and working. I shut off the truck, opened the door to kill the infotainment then started it back up. Still nothing. I left the truck sitting overnight and in the next day CarPlay seemed to start working again.