ForScan Question

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
leamdav
New User

ForScan Question

Post by leamdav » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:14 pm

Good morning. This might be a totally left field question, but I am hoping to get some understanding of how the MRR works with FORScan. I currently have a 2016 F150, with an Alpine ILX-207 head, MRR, FTR1 dash kit. I am working on installing a Kicker Hideaway sub. My goal was to use the factory plug already in the truck, but it requires me to go into FORScan to activate the sub under the ACM module. The ACM was the factory CD player from the old system. When I run FORScan, the ACM is not picked up, obviously because the CD player is no longer in the car, however, the connection from the CD player does run into the MRR now. Are you aware of any way to go in and change the sub setting as well as changing my speaker configuration from 7 to 6 speakers, I am trying to turn off my center speaker systematically instead of unplugging it. Unplugging it will just leave a hole is the system, changing the programming would mean signal isn't even sent to the center channel.
Vehicle Info:
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Nav: No
Snc: Yes

Radio info:
Headunit: Alpine ILX-207
Maestro Rr firmware: ADS-RR(SR)-FOR02B-DS (512) (1.3)
Maestro Harness: FTR1
Vehicle features retained: Steering Wheel controls

billr
ADS Team

Re: ForScan Question

Post by billr » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:49 pm

what you are attempting to do will work with the OEM radio but not aftermarket. Our Maestro interface looks at the data lines of the truck and provides an accessory output to the radio, along with steering wheel control info. in order to eliminate the center speaker you will have to unplug it at the speaker, there is no dedicated center channel speaker wire at the radio wire harness.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

leamdav
New User

Post by leamdav » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Ok, two additional questions. If I disconnect the center speaker will it just leave a hole in the sound system? Pushing signal to the speaker that isn't there and degrade the overall qualoty of sound? Next question, if I set the enable sub to on in the alpine head unit, do you think it will send a signal to the factory plug in the rear drivers side at all? That I could probably check with a multimeter.
Vehicle Info:
2016 Ford F150 XLT

Radio info:

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:47 am

disconnecting the center speaker will not push any signals to anything, the speakers will continue to play the audio they have been. btw, the center speaker is tied into the left front speaker on our harness since aftermarket radios have no dedicated center speaker output.

As for the sub, we do run audio to it, it's connected to the right front speaker output, so if the connector is in the back where the powered sub would be, there is signal getting there. now that being said you would still be better off running an rca from the sub out of the radio to your sub amp so you would have more control over the subwoofer.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

leamdav
New User

Post by leamdav » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:06 am

Ok, this is great info again! Thank you. I did plan on running the RCA cables to the back of the Alpine, using the Kicker RCA cables. My real concern for the sub is power and remote detection wire. If I can wire those in the factory plug great! If that won't work, then I have to run more wires up front. Essentially, that is all I was trying to avoid.
Vehicle Info:
2016 Ford F150 XLT

Radio info:

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”