2010 VW Jetta Factory System integration

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
imemyself
New User

2010 VW Jetta Factory System integration

Post by imemyself » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 am

HI Team,
I have a few issues which i am not able to solve, request your support and help:

Car Configuration:
1. Car: 2010 VW Jetta
2. Car Equipped with: VW OPS (Optical Parking Sensor), Factory Camera with Active Reverse Park Assist Guidelines System
3. Tire Pressure Sensors

Aftermarket System Installed: Alpine iLX-F309

iDatalink Module & Accessory: Maestro RR & VW Harness

Problems installing:
1. While configuring the iDatalink maestro Module i can't find the Advanced Camera features enabled and thus i am not able to configure the camera as well as get these features on my car.

2. Even though the car is connected to OBD, i can't have the VW OPS system & Tire Pressure Sensor send the data to my car music system.

3. Climate Function Greyed Out on my music system: Even though i have Automatic Climate function in my car i still can't get any data displayed on my system, does this have something to do with my Music system or is it some kind of function not supported.

As of now i will really like to have the Reverse Camera, OPS System & Active Reverse Park Assist Guidelines System activated. Please kindly help.

Since the factory reverse system needed a converter plug i have been unable to hook the camera system directly to the Unit and thus currently using an aftermarket ALPINE reverse camera HCE-C1100. Can i connect the factory camera system to the iDatalink module directly? And will i be able to use all the camera functions normally?

Please Help, spent a lot of money in getting these gadgets...

Best Regards
Saj

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2010 VW Jetta Factory System integration

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:15 am

What country are you located in?

1. Advanced Camera features are only supported by Kenwood models; they are the only radios that are able to do dynamic parking guidelines. As stated in the installation manual, we are not able to retain the OEM bacukp camera in this car. It is RGB, so you need a RGB to composite adapter to make it work.

2. We do not support TPMS in this firmware. Is the Parking assist screen accessible? If so, in the OEM Setup, is the parking assist interrupt turned ON?

3. If we do not detect any data for climate controls, then it will not accessible on the radio.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

imemyself
New User

Post by imemyself » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi. I'm currently located in China. My car is a complete Imported Unit from the US.

With regards to your clarification points, i would further like to re-confirm that:

1. What kind of composite adapter is required? To which port will it be connected on the module?

2. Where can i find the OEM setup? I'm new to this module so request you to pls guide.

3. Will TPMS be supported in future software updates?

Best Regards
Saj

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:44 pm

1. RGB to Composite. It does not interface with the maestro. It is a third party adapter you would need to purchase and install separately.
2. It is in the radio settings, under iDatalink Setup.
3. No; the TPMS information is not sent on the data lines so we will never be able to populate the information.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Volkswagen”