SU2 install, lost front speakers

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
JonathanR
New User

SU2 install, lost front speakers

Post by JonathanR » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:14 am

Hello,

Last night I installed the SU2 (v1.4)+ Maestro RR + Kenwood DMX77042s. The car has the 7" Starlink system with NO Harmon Kardon, so no amp. All is working great except that I lost audio on the front dash tweeters and door card speakers. I tried swapping front/rear speaker wires, audio still only came out in the rear. This eliminates the Kenwood as a cause I swapped out the old stereo (stock) and it still didn't work, this means it's not the SU2/Meastro. I also tried bypassing the harness altogether and going direct from Kenwood harness to the pins in the 10-pin harness, also did not work.

I know this isn't idatalink/maestro problem, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what I screwed up? Maybe I shorted something somewhere during the install? Is there a ground point anyone knows of that I may have disturbed? Any ways to trouble shoot?

My next step is to pull out the front 4 (2 in door + 2 in dash) speakers and check their resistance, but it seems odd that all 4 could fail. Can one failing cause all 4 to go haywire?

My last resort is to try and run new wires directly from the stereo to speakers.

thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: SU2 install, lost front speakers

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:21 pm

The starlink unit needs to be put back in. The front channels run through it.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Subaru”