center front and center rear output possible?

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
redlancer
New User

center front and center rear output possible?

Post by redlancer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Recently picked up a DSR1 for use in my 2015 Ford Edge. Had a quick question on setting up the speaker configuration for the outputs.

Going through the wizard set-up on the PerfectTune app, it has an option for full-range fronts and rears on channels 1/2/5/6, and sub output on 7/8, along with center channel on output 3. I would also like to have center output for the rear C-pillar speakers on channel 4, but doesn't seem to be one of the preset configurations.

I'm thinking I can link channel 3 to channel 4, but in the app it lists that channel as 'not used' (though is still 'configurable' in the various sliders and screens). I haven't started hooking things up yet, but wanted to see if this configuration is possible before I start installing wiring and speakers to be sure I could get a full range center output on channel 4. I realize one workaround would be to split channel 3 to both inputs for the amps I'm using, but then wouldn't have individual control over those speakers in the app.

Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: center front and center rear output possible?

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:37 pm

You should be able to use the spare outputs for those channels- Configurations through the app are definitely more of a Rockford thing, since it is their app. If you have more specific questions about configurations, I recommend reaching out to them for ideas/questions/concerns.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

redlancer
New User

Re: center front and center rear output possible?

Post by redlancer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Thanks Dara, yeah, I did shoot them the same question and their response was to split channel 3 for the two center channel inputs. Seems like the only time you can use channel 4 is when you have an active 3-way or similar configuration (i.e. tweeter/midrange/midbass), other than that it remains unused. Doesn't look like any way to override the presests.

Probably the easiest will be to start hooking things up and see what audio I can get routed where

Return to “Maestro DSR1”