Re: 2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
gporto
New User

Post by gporto » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:31 pm

Ok. I've had this module now for about 6 months or so. It works great with the exception of few things that I complained about months ago. The backup beep is way too loud. Text messages sent through the Uconnect 8.4 are way too loud. Navigation starts out way too loud. Anyway, I sort of threw my arms up in the air and just lived with it the way it was hoping an update would address these issues (which at that time many were complaining about). So, today I decided to pull it out and update the firmware with more recent updates hoping to correct some of the issues.

Now, after the update, for some unknown reason, the Perfect Tune app connects to the DSR1, but then I get an error message saying it isn't responding to bluetooth. Does anyone have any idea why??? Never had this problem before. I thought this thing was going to be awesome. I waited about a year for it. And it could be. It just is so damn frustrating that it doesn't work the way it was advertised, seamless and integrated.

The message since the firmware update:

"The DSR1 failed to respond to commands sent via Bluetooth-PerfectTune has disconnected from the DSR1 as this may help fix the issue. If the DSR1 continues to not respond, it may help to reset your DSR1."

Can someone help?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:00 pm

When you updated the firmware on the Maestro site, did you update the BLE as well? Usually if there is an update available you will see it under the "start configuration" button on the page where you begin the flashing. That is an update for the onboard Bluetooth chip.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

henkew
New User

Post by henkew » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 am

What would be cool (and it seems like it should be possible) is if the app had volume controls for the system sounds.

Return to “Maestro DSR1”