Invalid serial number aka blue screen of death?

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
mekelber
New User

Invalid serial number aka blue screen of death?

Post by mekelber » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:39 pm

Reading thru the forum I gather if the unit is "REALLY" newly manufactured there is a chance that idatalink might not yet have the serial number of the particular radio in their system? And I am on the left coast so am I SOL? Until Monday? It's the same old scenario of it being Friday afternoon in Arizona and we just received our UPS shipment from Alpine and was hoping to flash the MRR and install the unit this evening to deliver Saturday am. But that doesn't look like that's going to happen does it? Nowhere to run, no one to blame, that's just the way it is.. For the curious the head unit is an Alpine iLX-F309 and the serial number is R80517413 and have tried all kinds of variations and all result in the dreaded "invalid serial number / blue screen of death message.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Invalid serial number aka blue screen of death?

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 am

When the radios are made at the factory, they are supposed to log the serial numbers and send them to us so we can enter them into our database. Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of the radio manufacturer, so if we are missing the information, we have to get it from them.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro RR”