Troubles with 2013 Outback and Pioneer MVH-1400NEX

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Levdan
New User

Troubles with 2013 Outback and Pioneer MVH-1400NEX

Post by Levdan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:48 am

Hi,

I am trying to get my pioneer MVH-1400nex working on my 2013 Subaru Outback with no luck so far. I have a premium Harman Kardon with Bluetooth and no Navi and that’s what I specified during the RR flashing along with the stereo Serial Number. I have the SU2 harness wired according to the diagram, with the exception of the VSS wire connection, which this specific pioneer seems to miss.

That said, I have two problems:
1. No sound - despite having the blue-white wire connected to power up the amp and also all RCAs connected to corresponding stereo outputs. Pressing some of the buttons makes maestro flash red, both the data and audio from Maestro to the stereo are connected
2. The steering wheel controls seems to be messed up, for example volume+ button mutes the volume, track+ turnes the volume up, track- does nothing etc (obviously the buttons are programmed correctly during flashing, as a matter of fact they are set to defaults, which I am really happy with.

Thanks for the help!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Troubles with 2013 Outback and Pioneer MVH-1400NEX

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:01 am

1. Connect the blue/white from the pioneer to the solid blue on the harness. We JUST discovered there is an issue with how the harness is pinned late last week, so we will be working to fix the guide and the harness.

2. Flash it as a 2012 Outback with Harman Kardon Bluetooth - the outback wheel looks the same throughout the years, but in certain builds of the car, the resistance values inside the wheel are different. Flashing as the older car will give you the data we need to make your steering wheel controls work properly.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Subaru”