X110-SLV Alpine with ALP-MRR Maestro: Backup camera not working

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Freak
New User

X110-SLV Alpine with ALP-MRR Maestro: Backup camera not working

Post by Freak » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Hello,

I installed an Alpine X110-SLV in my 2018 Silverado a couple of weeks ago, and it came with the ALP-MRR iDatalink Maestro. Everything was cool for about 2 weeks, then the backup camera started intermittently cutting out, and when it worked, the top of the screen was distorted. And about a week after then it went out all together, and hasn't worked at all in about 2 weeks.

The screen DOES switch to the camera mode, and the guide lines are displayed, so it knows the vehicle is in reverse, it just doesn't seem to be getting a signal from the camera.

I thought it might be a bad connection or the camera itself, so I checked all the connections, and retried, and when that made no change I hooked the stock radio back up, and the camera worked fine. So there's a problem with the aftermarket setup.

Does the camera signal go through the Maestro module? The wiring harness is completely wrapped in tape and that makes things very hard to trace. Also the wiring diagram Alpine provides doesn't show individual wiring, just the connections and where to connect them.

I'm trying to figure out if it might be the module, or if it's the actual radio.

Thanks for any help.
Troy

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: X110-SLV Alpine with ALP-MRR Maestro: Backup camera not working

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:06 am

The camera signal doesn't go through the rr- the harness simply takes the camera + and - signal and converts it to an RCA so it can plug into the X110. That's the first place I would check.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”