Official Mazda Harness

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
aeioe
New User

Official Mazda Harness

Post by aeioe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:28 pm

I tried searching the forum for information on this and didn't find anything in reference so hopefully this is the right place for this post:

Does iDataLink have any plans to release a Mazda T-Harness this year? I recently purchased a Maestro RR and I'd like to install it into my Mazda 3 (2012) but I'd prefer not to make permanent modifications to the car if possible.

Thanks for your time!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Official Mazda Harness

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:53 am

We don't have a Mazda harness in the works right now, so it likely won't happen this year. For what it's worth, you'll only be splicing 4-5 wires to the car. It's not terribly invasive.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

aeioe
New User

Post by aeioe » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:31 am

Thanks for the reply, I'm sad to hear there won't be a T Harness but I've decided to give it a whirl without.

One other thing I wanted to ask about that hopefully someone here can give me a pointer on. The iDataLink instructions for the Mazda 3 2012 install of the Maestro RR show a single pin connection to a 28-pin "bluetooth module" behind the passenger kick panel. I've opened up the paneling on the passenger side and I can find no such 28-pin connector but my car does have the bluetooth functionality and wheel controls.

Since the instructions state I can retain wheel control I figure I'm just missing something, and I'm hoping someone here can give me some sort of hint as to where the bluetooth hookup is in the Mazda.

One other point is the ODB2 hook up. The cables on the Maestro RR don't appear to be long enough to reach all the way there so I will have to splice some extensions onto them.

Thanks again for the help!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:10 am

Schematics just state "right end of dash". I'm trying to jog my memory, but I think it's either right above the passenger kick panel, or behind the glove box.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”