idatalink Maestro with factory Sirius

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
supr2nr
New User

idatalink Maestro with factory Sirius

Post by supr2nr » Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 am

Hello all,

I just recently installed the Maestro in my 2008 Chevy Silverado along with a Kenwood DNX694S receiver. Everything works perfectly except for the OEM SiriusXM. When I select satellite radio from the Kenwood receiver, it shows that it's getting signal and it shows the current song being played. However, I get no audio at all.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that needs to be changed or did I miss something during the install? Right now I have the Maestro installed according to the directions, I have the datalink cable going to the reciever, the audio cable from the Maestro going to the AUX in port on the radio, and the steering wheel controlls hooked up.

Just trying to prevent having to buy a SiriusXM receiver to hook up to the Kenwood. Everything I read said it supports it and as I mentioned it does appear to be working, I just cannot get any audio when selecting that one source.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: idatalink Maestro with factory Sirius

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed May 30, 2018 8:28 am

Dara DeGrand wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:36 am
You should have an all-black, 3 pin audio cable that runs between the maestro and the radio. This is either not connected at all, or you don't have it plugged into the iDatalink I/F port on the back of the Kenwood.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

supr2nr
New User

Re: idatalink Maestro with factory Sirius

Post by supr2nr » Thu May 31, 2018 5:04 pm

Thank you for the reply. I will pull the radio back out and verify. When installing the 3 pin wire was connected on both the Kenwood and the maestro. However, while installing and trying to get everything to fit behind the dash, it is possible that the cable came loose.

Return to “Maestro RR”