4201nex and 8201nex both not working

OrionCumminsMegaCab
New User

4201nex and 8201nex both not working

Post by OrionCumminsMegaCab » Mon May 28, 2018 10:02 am

2014 Ram 2500 8.4 Uconnect with Nav and Alpinr amp. Have the CH3, the Maestro RR and Uram adaptor. I have two different radios im trying and neither will work. The RR is blinking 2 reds over and over. Ive tried hard reset and factory reset. Ive flashed and reflashed 3 times now. Making sure i have the right SN# . Nothing will work. Hard reset goes green foe about 3 seconds rhen goes out and then blinking red light. I am also getting the OBD2 error where it can not connect. My truck then gets a check engine issue with "setvice active braking system". Ive checked all wiring twice tried all the things ive read in the forums. If i put my factory radio back in truck is fine. I also can not use and of the on screen climate controls. Ive been dealing with a bunch of issues for the last 2 years now with the maestro setup. I am now on my 3rd RR box. Bought 1, Maestro replaced it and now i bought another. I have gone over every connection again and again. Ive made sure im flashed up to date... Someone ease help.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 4201nex and 8201nex both not working

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 am

If you're consistently getting 2x red flashes, that sounds like the radio and RR aren't communicating. This could be due to the data cable as well, not just the radio model/serial number.

I remember one of our techs visiting you and seeing a lot of weird behavior in this vehicle; we'll do what we can to get you sorted.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

OrionCumminsMegaCab
New User

Re: 4201nex and 8201nex both not working

Post by OrionCumminsMegaCab » Wed May 30, 2018 4:07 pm

Yeah I figured it was a communication issue between RR and radio hence the blinking red light. Ive also tried 3 different data cables so I don't believe that's the issue but Ill try them again. I also received your email so I just reflashed my RR to latest update as of 5 minutes ago. Hopefully I can get something figured out. If I cant figure out anything software or update is there a way to maybe get some long piggy backs for all the plug connections on the RR so I can put the RR in a easier to access location besides behind the radio. Its been a pain pulling everything to reset it. Thanks for the reply.

Return to “CH3 radio replacement solution”