2012 Forester - No rear audio

bbidwell85
New User

2012 Forester - No rear audio

Post by bbidwell85 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:31 pm

I just installed a Pioneer MVH-1400NEX with a Maestro RR. All steering wheel controls, dimmer, front speakers, and gauges all work fine. But I have zero audio from the rear speakers. I've triple checked all my wire connections and do not see an issue. I've played with every setting in the HU that I can find and nothing has worked. The only mods I have done in the past were installing oem tweeters into the front doors. The wires were already there, so it was just plug and play. There isn't a stock amplifier or sub. Not sure why the rear speakers wouldn't get the audio. Do the speaker wires run through the Maestro? They appear to bypass it but I don't want to undo the wrapping to find out. Could I have the wrong firmware installed? Thanks for any advice!

Make: Subaru
Year: 2012
Model: Forester X Premium
Trim: Bluetooth non nav

New HU Install:
MVH-1400NEX v8.04 firmware
Maestro RR ADS-RR(SR)-SUB1-DS (512) (1.2)
HRN-RR-SU1

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Forester - No rear audio

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon May 28, 2018 9:19 am

The speaker wires do not run through the maestro. In non-amplified cars, the audio goes out of the radio and to the speakers, which means it is not a firmware issue.

If you're missing rear speakers, check your purple and green sets of speaker wires for a solid connection, your audio setting on the radio (ensure it's set to standard, NOT network), and the audio output of the radio itself.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “SU1 radio replacement solution”