No Sound Carplay/SIRI - Ram Truck

Factory amplifier replacement interface
jriptide
New User

No Sound Carplay/SIRI - Ram Truck

Post by jriptide » Fri May 25, 2018 1:38 pm

I have a 2015 Ram Truck with the Premium 10 speaker stereo system. I upgraded the head unit to the 2018 OEM Uconnect 8.4 UAS head unit so that I could have Carplay. I also upgraded the AMP and speakers. To do this I had a DSR1 with an Idatalink CH2 T-harness installed. Music works great, however Carplay verbal prompts and responses do not work (I can hear the beep prompts). I can talk to SIRI but can not hear SIRI's response. I also can not hear phone calls made through Carplay. At the request of Idatalink, I tested the new 2018 Head unit with the stock amp and stock wiring. The results SIRI, Phone, Navigation all worked fine. So my conclusion here is that there is an issue getting Carplay non music signals to be summed in the DSR1. Which likely means there needs to be a firmware upgrade to resolve this problem. Has anyone else had similar issues and found a solution?

Details of New System]
  • Upgraded Head Unit from 2015 to 2018 (This is a plug and play upgrade not additional wiring changes)
  • Installed Resistors parallel to each of the 4 input wires to the DSR1. (Required to get audio from a 2018 head unit as noted on this forum)
  • Had Professional Trained Installer Install and program DSR1/CH2
  • Went from 9 speaker + Sub solution to 8 channel (6 speaker + Sub)) solution (Front Dash, Front Door, Rear Door, Bridged Sub)
  • Installed New JL/800 8-channel Amp)

I have contacted Idatalink for support on this issue but they have no solution as of yet.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: No Sound Carplay/SIRI - Ram Truck

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri May 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi,
We're aware of your issue and have escalated the issue to our engineering team. They are working on getting a test firmware put together for you today. Please be patient with us; we are a small team, and we're working to get you sorted. We'll be in touch as soon as we have something for you.

Thanks,
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Fri May 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Have you tried reinstalling the factory amp yet?
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

jriptide
New User

Post by jriptide » Fri May 25, 2018 2:39 pm

Yes I reinstalled the factory amp and everything worked including SIRI, NAV, and Voice control phone through Carplay.

Also one other thing to note, the phone worked without voice control in Carplay until I upgraded to the 2018 Firmware, it stopped working I could not longer here callers. So I backed down to the 2017 firmware and the phone works I can hear the person I am calling again. However no voice control for making calls as I can not hear voice prompts. This leads me to believe that the other Carplay related issues are hardware not software related.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Fri May 25, 2018 3:43 pm

A beta firmware has been attached to your user account. Reflash the DSR1 and let us know if that fixes your issues.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Maestro aR”