2013 Tacoma OBD Splitter radio not shutting down

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
wanderlust
New User

2013 Tacoma OBD Splitter radio not shutting down

Post by wanderlust » Tue May 15, 2018 4:44 pm

2013 Toyota Tacoma with a Pioneer AVH-2330NEX head unit, Maestro ADS-MRR

When I first installed this, everything was working great. I have a small status monitor that I have used in the past that tracks gas mileage and scans engine codes, and other such things that needs to plug into the OBD port as well (Ultragauge EM Plus). I bought a splitter for the OBD port, and now the head unit won't power down when the car turns off.

If I unplug the Ultragage from the splitter it works fine, if I unplug the Maestro OBD from the splitter, it also works fine (although I get the connection error that the Maestro is no longer plugged in upon startup).

When I shut the car down, after a few seconds, the head unit gives a connection error to the Maestro, but the head unit stays on until I manually shut it off by holding down the power button.

I would like to keep using both if possible, but the stereo not shutting down when turning off the ignition scares me because of the potential for a dead battery. Are there any settings that can be changed in the Maestro so that a proper shutdown command is passed to the head unit? I asked pioneer support about it, and they said there aren't any settings that can be altered in the head unit that might change this. Also, the UltraGauge shuts down when the engine is turned off.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2013 Tacoma OBD Splitter radio not shutting down

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue May 15, 2018 6:16 pm

You likely wont be able to get vehicle information like gauges on the radio with your other device connected. As far as the radio staying on after the ignition shuts off, it may have to do with the version of the harness you have. If you call us here in tech we could go thru that with you and modify the harness if that is the case.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Toyota”