2012 F-150 with Navigation questions

warrenA
New User

2012 F-150 with Navigation questions

Post by warrenA » Tue May 15, 2018 1:01 pm

I have a 2012 F-150 with factory navigation and am considering the Maestro RR and FO1 with a Kenwood receiver (possibly DMX7704S, but definitely something that is Apple CarPlay compatible).

I have a few questions that aren't clearly answered on the features coverage page for this combination.

1. Will factory reverse video functionality be retained? Will I get the video on an aftermarket head unit? It sounds like the chimes from the factory proximity sensors will come in but there is no mention of the video from the factory back up camera.
2. I have a factory satellite tuner and a current subscription. Will that be retained if I get the SAT1 accessory?
3. Do I retain all my climate control functionality (on screen controls, sync voice control, separate buttons near the bottom of the center stack)?
4. If I maintain my Sync bluetooth connection with my phone, do I retain the factory microphone functionality?
5. I have a factory subwoofer. Will that still be connected/functioning?

I entered my truck (2012 Ford F-150 FX4 with factory navigation) in Crutchfield's website, and it said it doesn't recommend replacing the factory radio because climate controls would be lost. Do they need to be updated?

Thanks in advance!

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2012 F-150 with Navigation questions

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue May 15, 2018 1:47 pm

The rearview camera connection would need to be hardwired for the image to be displayed on your new radio. We do not have those connections in the FO1 harness.

The factory SAT tuner is built into the factory radio. When removed, it is no longer able to be retained. The SAT1 antenna adaptor just allows the factory antenna be used with an aftermarket SAT tuner

The climate controls would be done thru the screen of an idatalink compatible aftermarket radio.

When you retain Sync, the factory microphone is retained as well, but only for Sync related functions. Anything done on the aftermarket radio like Car Play requires you use the aftermarket radio's microphone.

The factory subwoofer retention is part of the FO1 harness and firmware.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “FO1 radio replacement solution”