Service Tire monitoring system

SkyAce
New User

Service Tire monitoring system

Post by SkyAce » Tue May 08, 2018 9:15 pm

I installed a Pioneer MVH-2300NEX using a maestro rr and a gm5+. I think everything is working right, but as I was driving around I get a "Service Tire monitoring system" on my vehicle display. It also shows the tire pressure with an error on the screen of the head unit. It didn't do that until I installed the head unit today. Any ideas what is causing this?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Service Tire monitoring system

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed May 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Is that the only error you're getting? Or are you also getting stability control error and others?

If you unplug the RR, does the TPMS system work again without any error messages?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

SkyAce
New User

Post by SkyAce » Wed May 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Dara DeGrand wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:23 pm
Is that the only error you're getting? Or are you also getting stability control error and others?

If you unplug the RR, does the TPMS system work again without any error messages?
That is the only error that I am getting. It has only gone off 2 times yesterday. When you turn off the engine it resets itself and clears the error. Then when you drive for a while (usually at least 15 mins) the error comes up. But it always resets itself when the engine is shut off.

I have not tried unplugging the RR. I am at work and do not have access to that vehicle right now. Would I unplug all the wires from the RR or is there a certain one to unplug?

Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed May 09, 2018 5:32 pm

You could unplug all the wires, to keep it simple. As a test, you could unplug one at a time to see if the error goes away when you unplug any certain one. We suspect the power circuit (heavy gauge 3-pin plug), if anything, might be producing some RF interference, but that is a rarity.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

SkyAce
New User

Post by SkyAce » Wed May 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Well, I will keep an eye on it. I talked to my wife and kids and it hasn't happened today so maybe it has worked itself out. But if it comes back on I will try the things that you mentioned and let you know what I find.

Thanks!

SkyAce
New User

Post by SkyAce » Mon May 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Well I had the warning come up today. I haven't driven the vehicle much lately but today I decided to take it for a drive. About 20 mins into the drive the warning came up. I pulled over a little while later and turned the engine off and waited a bit then turned it back on. Usually that would clear the warning and it didn't. So I drove home. When I got home I got into the maestro and started to unplug wires. I disconnected all the wire one at a time to see if it cleared the warning and it didn't. I then got on the internet a found out how to reset the warning and what that does is it relearns the tire pressures of each tire. So I went through that process and it cleared the warning. Now I will just keep my eye on it to see if it does it again. Maybe since I added a new way to monitor it using the maestro it needed to be reset to work properly. I guess we will see.

SkyAce
New User

Post by SkyAce » Fri May 18, 2018 10:44 pm

I keep getting the error every time I drive more than 10 minutes. So I guess the relearning thing didn't work. Any ideas what could be the problem or how to fix it.

Thanks

Return to “GM5+ radio replacement solution”