silverado steering wheel transplant

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
Chaingu427
New User

silverado steering wheel transplant

Post by Chaingu427 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm trying to transplant the steering wheel from a 2006 silverado into another truck, and i'm unable to get the firmware for the 2006 to work.

I've transplanted the BCM from another 2006 (though not one that originally had the redundant radio controls option) wired in the steering wheel controls and bcm power per the GM wiring diagrams ( 12v from bcm into the controls, through the resistors in the switches, and out to the bcm)

When i press a button i can read the cut down voltage on each button, but from what i understand the SWI is supposed to read resistance from the switches? i'm at a loss a this point and not sure how to proceed.

billr
ADS Team

Re: silverado steering wheel transplant

Post by billr » Mon May 07, 2018 12:02 pm

hello,
one thing you can do is if you can get to the steering wheel control wire at the steering column and make a note of each button pushes resistance you can enter them while you flash the SW and just make your own firmware.
When you flash the SW the first step is to select your vehicle however to the right of that there is a "?" and "Vehicle not listed? Make a custom steering wheel". select that, enter the vehicle info then you can enter your resistances (start with the lowest resistance first and work your way up from there). once all that is done we would provide you a custom firmware.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Maestro SW”