2017 Jeep Renegade 5.0 Pioneer MVH-1400NEX

x11
New User

2017 Jeep Renegade 5.0 Pioneer MVH-1400NEX

Post by x11 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:45 am

Installed a Pioneer MVH-1400NEX in a 2017 Jeep Renegade that had the Uconnect 5.0 system. Using the idatalink maestro RR with a CH3x harness. I think everything is hooked up correctly and the flashing the module appeared to work. Here are the problems I am having.
1. The setting for the parking brake changed after installing so it comes on automatically every time you put it in park and setting to change back is not in menu or at least I cannot find it.
2. The odometer is flashing and is in KM instead of Miles cannot seem to change this back.
3. The phone buttons on steering wheel do not work the volume and track buttons behind steering wheel do work.

On the Pioneer head unit under Vehicle setup / Vehicle Features / the only thing that appears in menu is the cluster display, audio info display.

Note: The Pioneer MVH-1400 came with 8.02 Firmware, I updated to the newest 8.04 Firmware both had the same issues.

billr
ADS Team

Re: 2017 Jeep Renegade 5.0 Pioneer MVH-1400NEX

Post by billr » Mon May 07, 2018 9:47 am

a couple things:
The CH3 harness...the black 2 pin connector with the Red/Brown strip and Yellow/Brown stripe wires that is connected in the harness to the mating connector, unplug it. Now connect the ODB2 black 2 pin connector to the mating 2 pin black connector in the harness and run the ODB2 connector to under the dash at the vehicles ODB2 connector.
Make sure the White 2 pin connector with the Brown/Red stripe and Brown/Yellow stripe wires is connected in the harness to the mating connector in the harness.
There will be a Red 2 pin connector with a White/Orange stripe and White/Yellow stripe wires, this will not connected to anything.

Does the Renegade have a factory amp? You selected the trim without the amplifier however in your flash you selected that it had a factory amplifier. You will need to reflash to fix either the correct trim or deselect the OEM amplifier.

On the Maestro unit, you will not be using the Blue 4 pin connector that has the single Blue/Yellow stripe wire and the 3.5mm jack. Also make sure the audio cable (black 3 pin connector at Maestro to 3.5mm jack) is connected to the AUX In of the Pioneer and not the W/R.

Hopefully this will help you fix the issues you are running into.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

x11
New User

Re: 2017 Jeep Renegade 5.0 Pioneer MVH-1400NEX

Post by x11 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:27 pm

Thank you I figured it out yesterday after reading another response to a similar issue. I found that the directions are actually correct but the diagram for the 5.0 is not. Not only does the diagram show the black connector going straight through from the CH3 harness but also it says the ODB2 harness is optional. So maybe that's why there has been some confusion. Not sure but works great thank you!!

Return to “CH3 radio replacement solution”