VW Bluetooth Audio Connection Unreliable During Call

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
vwnut
New User

VW Bluetooth Audio Connection Unreliable During Call

Post by vwnut » Tue May 01, 2018 10:58 am

So, I just recently installed a Kenwood DDX794 with the Meastro RR Interface. This past week I have had nothing but issues with bluetooth connectivity in my car. Everything is installed in a 2011 VW Jetta TDI Highline edition. It has the steering controls but no MDI.

Here is my issue. If either I make a call or answer a call, I got no audio coming through the speakers or I will hear one(maybe 2) rings and then the audio cuts out and nothing can be heard. I use a iPhone 7 and have removed the device from list and then added again several times. The first time I did this, it seemed to have resolved the issue but a few days ago, the problem reappeared again. Repeated the bluetooth disconnect on the phone but this time it didn't fix it. Kenwood firmware up to date. Maestro RR reflashed(just to make sure)
My maestro is tucked in behind the radio, but everytime that the radio was removed, I did notice that green light would flash or come on.

Is there any solutions out there.

Simon

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: VW Bluetooth Audio Connection Unreliable During Call

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed May 02, 2018 2:26 pm

I suspect we have a bug in our firmware- I am reporting this to our engineers, and I will get back to you as soon as I know more.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

vwnut
New User

Post by vwnut » Wed May 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Thank You Dara!

I have no issues connecting to the Kenwood bluetooth. It will play my music from my phone and I can control the fwd and back functions from my steering wheel.

I hope you guys can figure it out soon. I don't wan't to get caught with ticket. :wink:

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed May 02, 2018 2:56 pm

We should have it pin-pointed and resolved very soon. We had a similar issue in another firmware, so we suspect it's the same issue. I will let you know ASAP.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Volkswagen”