Update: Audi Compatibility

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
DarcyAudi
New User

Update: Audi Compatibility

Post by DarcyAudi » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:03 pm

After two calls with technical support, I thought I should post an update here concerning Audi compatibility.

My car is an Audi A4 Quattro, 2005, manual transmission and was factory-equipped with the Symphony II Audi stock head unit.

Maestro cannot decode some of the CAN information provided by this car, which eliminates some features. The Symphony II appears to be the central problem, although one technical support representative also stated that manual transmissions are not supported.

These features were unsupported after my installation:

Illumination -- head unit cannot dim its screen when headlights are on
Speed Pulse -- head unit GPS cannot track in tunnels or bad reception areas
Reverse -- rear camera(s) cannot be shown when in reverse gear
Multifunction Display -- no RDS or music 'metadata' available on instrument cluster display

I was told that there is insuffcient demand to support this car/audio configuration, and so I do not expect an update. Audi owners should take care to verify that the Maestro is compatiable with their vehicle prior to installation.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Update: Audi Compatibility

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:09 am

We have had 4 flashes for the 2004-2005 A4 since we've covered it, including you. I understand your frustration, but that truly is insufficient demand. To add to that, finding a 13-14 year old car near our location for testing is a very tall order. No demand, coupled with difficulty of locating such a specific vehicle, makes for a very low priority.

We have removed coverage for the 2004-2005 Audi A4, as it seems the fair majority of them have the Symphony 2, which is the platform we do not support.

Cheers,
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Volkswagen”