Buick Enclave - No Onstar

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
oakguy
New User

Buick Enclave - No Onstar

Post by oakguy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Had a guy install a Kenwood and idatalink in my Buick Enclave and recently decided to go back to using Onstar. However, Onstar cannot communicate with the module in the car. Remote start features etc. Onstars support people have tried to talk to the car radio. Any ideas? The individual that installed the radio is no longer doing the work and closed shop. What he did works well. But the Onstar portion is no longer working.

Is there anything I can check? I did not get the boxes or paperwork of what was installed. So I do know I offer little asking for help with this. I have pulled the radio and not found the idatalink module yet. I do see that the radio talks to the car and I can control some car features with the idatalink.

Thanks
Guy

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Buick Enclave - No Onstar

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 pm

There is a setting in the OEM setup of the radio. Under the gauges setup, under OBD2 communication, set it to "enabled on demand". This will ensure the RR only reads from the vehicle when the gauges screen is pulled up, which eliminates the potential conflict with OnStar.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

oakguy
New User

Post by oakguy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Found the setting and thank you! I will have the Onstar people try again!

oakguy
New User

Post by oakguy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Dara,

Thanks this setting resolved my issue and Onstar could communicate with my Enclave and the remote app now works just fine.

Guy

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Good deal! I'm happy to help.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999