"Scanner Tool Not Detected" on Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
drewwebber23
New User

"Scanner Tool Not Detected" on Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX

Post by drewwebber23 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:32 am

Hi All,

I just recently swapped out my factory radio with the following information:

2014 Nissan Frontier SV - Base Radio (No Nav or Bluetooth)
Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX
MaestroRR

I hooked up the two wires from the MaestroRR to my OBDII CAN-BUS per the documentation after flashing my module, and I know that this is correct because I can see the page with the default gauges listed such as my RPM and Fuel Level and such, and it does respond properly to match my actual car status. However, when I look at my "OEM Settings" I see a message that the "No Scanner Tool Detected".

The issue with this is that I am unable to see the car status screen with information such as the battery level, tire pressure levels, or have the system read engine codes. I know that not all screens will be made available to me based on what I had before the radio swap, but I feel like at least this information should be able to populated since I'm tied into the CAN-BUS.

Does anybody have any ideas for what I might be doing wrong, what settings I'm missing, or if this really is something that I'm not going to be able to get in my setup above?

Thanks

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: "Scanner Tool Not Detected" on Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:38 am

Do your steering wheel controls work?

Do your gauges work?

When you wired up the power for your RR, did you wire up all three of the heavy gauge power wires (yellow, black, AND red)?

The vehicle info screen (TPMS, etc.) is not supported with this firmware.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

drewwebber23
New User

Post by drewwebber23 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 am

Hi Dara,

Thanks for getting back to me.

To your questions. Yes the other functionality that I was hoping for does exist. I can see the gauges on the head-unit, and my steering wheel controls work properly. In the instructions for my particular installation, it showed me that I shouldn't connect the Red from the main power harness. Instead, I connected the grey/red (accessory input) by teeing into the accessory input of my radio wiring harness. I'm quite sure this follows the documented installation practice.

To your last point, that is the screen that I was really most interested in, with the TPMS and battery level and able to check engine codes. I had seen this functionality before, and it honestly looks seriously cool to have that information right there. You state that this is not supported with this firmware. Do you mean that it's unsupported with any "Nissan Frontier" firmware? Is there any method in which I can make this work?

Thanks

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:52 am

Your installation is correct, based on what you described.

We do not support the vehicle info screen with this firmware, nor do we say that it is supported. We will cover it when we come out with a t-harness solution for Nissan vehicles. Until that happens, there is no way to make that work. You might be able to get the battery voltage to populate on the gauges screen, but the TPMS isn't possible at this time.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

drewwebber23
New User

Post by drewwebber23 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 am

Hi Dara,

Sounds good! Thanks for confirming for me. I am definitely interested if you guys are able to put together a Nissan harness to help me gain full functionality through this head-unit. However, it is what it is for the time being. Have a great one!

Thanks

Return to “Maestro RR”