New headunit, RR stopped working in '13 WRX

Post Reply
joels
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:54 pm

New headunit, RR stopped working in '13 WRX

Post by joels » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:01 pm

I recently upgraded my head unit (from Kenwood DNX571HD to DNX574S) and after the swap, the Maestro RR stopped functioning. The device was purchased with the 571, in 2014 I believe, and was working fine on the way to the shop. The tech flashed the firmware, and now the unit won't work, doesn't even seem to power up. Question is, does the device require the SU1 harness? I don't believe this was around when the unit was first installed, so it was wired into the car as far as I know. We ordered the harness, but it'll take about 2 weeks to show up, was hoping there was something else that could be wrong. Bit of a drag not having the steering wheel controls.

billr
ADS Team
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:18 am

Re: New headunit, RR stopped working in '13 WRX

Post by billr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:05 am

at one point we didn't have a T harness for Subaru so customers had to hardwire the Maestro RR interface in their cars but now we have a T harness. What happened is we had to change the firmware for this T harness however we can still get you up and running if you still have the Maestro hardwired into your car.
I would recommend going back to Best Buy and have them give us a call (the number is in my signature) and we can get them the correct firmware.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

joels
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: New headunit, RR stopped working in '13 WRX

Post by joels » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks for your help over the phone, Bill. Just wanted to let you know everything is back functioning properly. :)

Post Reply

Return to “SU1 radio replacement solution”