Tpms says N/A

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
diaxio
New User

Tpms says N/A

Post by diaxio » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:22 pm

i have a 2006 tacoma sr5 4x4 everything is working except the TPMS it just says N/A i have the obdII plugged in and the gauges work is there something else i need to do to get the TPMS working.

the radio is kenwood ddx6704s i have the T01 hooked up.

i even had new sensors installed since the old ones were over 10 years old.

billr
ADS Team

Re: Tpms says N/A

Post by billr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 am

did you have the old wheels on the truck when you installed the radio and did it show TPMS readings then?
This is just to see if it was working before.
With Toyota the TPMS sensors have a learning routine that needs to be done so the trucks TPMS will recognize the new sensors. Most shops do this anyway when getting new wheels with new TPMS sensors.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

diaxio
New User

Post by diaxio » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am

It did not show on the old sensors . I was able to hook up my laptop to the obdii and run the Toyota software and I can see the sensors reporting the psi so I know the sensors are registered and working.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:54 am

We read the TPMS through the K-Line which is one of the wires at the OBD2 and in our OBD2 plug (the wire is a Gray/Red Stripe in our plug). I would make sure that the wire is secure and the pin is not bent.
You can also reset the Maestro interface which could help:
Unplug all the connectors from the Maestro
Push and hold the reset button on the side
While holding reset button plug in just the 3 pin power connector (has the red, yellow, and black wires on it)
Hold the reset button for a couple seconds after plugging in the power connector then let go
The Maestro will blink red then turn Green and then the led will go out
connect the rest of the harnesses and turn the truck on and see if there is a reading
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

diaxio
New User

Post by diaxio » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:16 pm

Got it working the reset did the trick

thank you for the help

skimmy23ser
New User

Post by skimmy23ser » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:27 am

I'm having the same issue. 2005 Toyota 4Runner with Kenwood 891HD head unit installed. I did the reset but showing showing up N/A on TPMS? Ideas? I had the unit installed by an authorized Maestro installer. It has the latest firmware.

Return to “Toyota”