Blue&Me Not Working

Group using the FI1 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
wluu23
New User

Blue&Me Not Working

Post by wluu23 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Long story short, Blue&Me was working with the Maestro RR and now its not. I had to do the radio installation over again because I forgot to run the mic. Only new thing that I did was run the Pioneer mic and (2) connected a XM radio tuner. Things I tried to get it to work:

(1) reflashed like 5 times
(2) disconnected the negative terminal for 30 minutes
(3) Restore Maestsro RR to factory settings (although I don't think it ever reset)

All other steering wheel buttons work. Keep in mind when I press the on hook, off hook, or voice buttons the LED on the Maestro does not turn on. I am connected to Blue&Me but the buttons does nothing. Also, when I press the voice button a box with an exclamation make pops up on my Pioneer AVH-4200NEX screen. Odometer flashes. Any help or suggestions is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Blue&Me Not Working

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 am

I believe you talked to one of our tech support staff yesterday, correct? Did he try rolling you back to the previous version of the firmware to see if it made a difference?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

wluu23
New User

Post by wluu23 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Yeah I spoke to one of your tech but unfortunately we couldn't resolve it. I'm going to install the OEM radio back on and get the blue&me working again and then re-install the Pioneer unit. The reason I'm doing this is to make sure the blue&me is still functioning and by chance maybe the blue&me has some kind of security lock (which I highly doubt but I'm out of options). According to Pioneer website, the firmware cannot be downgrade. I emailed them and asked anyways. Does anyone know what this is: I get an exclamation mark in a circle that is in a square on the lower left side of the display when I press the voice button. I cannot find anything on this on the web or the manual.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Ok- keep us posted. If it doesn't start working again, we can look into our options (rolling back firmware, etc).

What display- the radio display, or oem cluster?
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

wluu23
New User

Post by wluu23 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Sorry for being ambiguous. The radio display.

I have a theory on why it doesn't work and I get the exclamation mark. My theory is when I connected the Pioneer mic to the radio, the radio or Maestro RR could not distinguish between which mic to turn on (the blue&me or Pioneer). In other words, either the Maestro RR or Pioneer radio got confused. I know the blue&me is working because all the OEM stock USB, Aux, and glove box charging port is working. The reason I came to that theory is because if I disconnect the blue&me system and push the voice button then I'll still get the same exclamation mark error. That's just me thinking :idea: :wink: Or if I connect to the radio via pioneer bluetooth will the voice button bring up Siri?

After performing my test with the OEM radio as I mention earlier to get it working and if it still doesn't work then I'll try to perform a factory reset on the Pioneer and this time I'll leave the Pioneer mic disconnected and see if blue&me voice will work. And if it does, then I'll connect the Pioneer mic and see if that theory is true or not :D

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:43 am

We had another person with the same vehicle and same firmware that had this issue. Rolling him back to the older version of the firmware fixed the issue. I believe the blinking ODO and blue & me functionality are related; there's a communication that's not working like it should. I have pushed the older version of the firmware to your account. To get it:

-Login, hit 'flash your module'. Hit the 'flash by user firmware' tab.
-There will be a version 1.4 firmware in there. Select it, and proceed with your flash. Let's see how it works out for you.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

wluu23
New User

Post by wluu23 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

First off big thank you to Dara and Maestro RR for the support! Everything is working now with the downgraded firmware on the Maestro RR. I still get the exclamation mark on the lower left side of the radio display. Maybe it was always there and I never noticed until it stopped working. Everything is as it should, steering wheels controls all working, XM tuner working, Blue&Me working, and Pioneer mic working.

Another thing, what's the improvement from firmware 1.4 to 1.5. Just curious as if one day I might want to flash to the latest firmware. Also, will I always have the 1.4 firmware in my "user firmware".

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:39 am

Good deal!

In version 1.5, we added support for certain K40 radar detectors. Because this firmware is broken, we won't go back to it. We will fix it, and continue to move forward. I recommend not re-flashing your RR, unless you are having problems, or want to change the layout of your steering wheel controls. If it ain't broke, don't break it. :wink:

The firmware expires at the end of the month. If you need it again for some reason, just reach out and we can renew it.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Fiat”