2009 Escape Hybrid Issues

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
n6mon
New User

Re: 2009 Escape Hybrid Issues

Post by n6mon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:00 pm

I am giving up on this radio. It appears to have other issues. As a refurb, it only had a 90 day warranty and I am past that. I am filing a warranty claim with my credit card company for a failed radio.

Do you have any recommendations for a radio that MIGHT work properly with the Maestro?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:36 am

See the link below- I recommend any of the radios that have a green data icon.

http://maestro.idatalink.com/compatible-radios
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

n6mon
New User

Post by n6mon » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:23 pm

OK, Crutchfield allowed me to return the Kenwood for credit. I purchased a Pioneer AVIC-7201NEX Navigation Receiver, which has solved most of the problems, but added 2:

1) The volume on phone calls made through Sync is QUITE low. I can raise the volume during the call, but when the audio connection reverts back to the radio after the call, the volume is VERY loud.

2) The steering wheel button for the phone (picture of Phone, lower left on the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel) does not either answer incoming calls as it should, nor will it hang up a call.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:09 pm

If you go into the Maestro settings in the Pioneer settings menu, you will see Maestro module settings, and audio gain. Turn that up, and it should adjust the volume of the Sync audio up. You should also have an individual source adjustment in the pioneer menu somewhere that you can turn the OE sources up and/or other sources down to tweak the volume difference.

As for the phone not answering or hanging up, do you get LED flashing from the RR module when the phone button is pressed?
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

n6mon
New User

Post by n6mon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:27 pm

I have not been able to update this do to work issues, but I am STILL having MAJOR issues.

First, someone had suggested updating the Sync firmware, there are 3 problems there:

1) It is no longer available from Ford for download
2) The dealers ( I checked 3) will NOT update when a non-Ford radio is installed
3) There is ONLY 1 version for Nav or non-Nav 2009 Escapes.

To the problems:

1) When I try to make a call using the steering wheel button, Sync will respond and say that it is dialing, but just beeps and makes no call.
2) IF I dial using the phone keypad/contact list or the radio screen keypad/contact list, it works fine BUT.....
3) IF I happen to be listening to the Ford factory satellite radio, when the call is complete, the radio screen comes back, but NONE of the information that Sirius/XM sends out (station/song title/artist) is displayed until I choose another source and then come back to satellite.

I am EXTREMELY frustrated and upset with your product and these problems need to get fixed.

I also am reluctant to call in again, as the last time I called you it was a $35.00 cost for the landline call.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Have you made sure the firmware on your radio is up to date? Also, we have a toll free number so not sure why you would have incurred a $35.00 charge for calling before. That number is 866.427.2999
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

n6mon
New User

Post by n6mon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Yes, as far as I can tell, the firmware on the radio is current.

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”