DDX9902s Getting OBD2 Disconnected Message

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
siev55
New User

DDX9902s Getting OBD2 Disconnected Message

Post by siev55 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:41 pm

I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum with the Maestro RR device installed in the car with a kenwood DDX9902S stereo. I flashed the device and installed it in the car. I am getting an OBD2 Disconnected message in the stereo screen as well as none of the gauges working. The OBD2 connection from the CH2 adapter is already wired to a plug that is plugged into the OBD2 port of the car. So unless the CH2 adapter is wired wrong in the adapter or something else is wrong. Is there another firmware out there that fixes this. I looked at the firmware for my car and it shows that the most current one is installed.

Also get the "No CDs loaded" on the EVIC as well. Shows radio stations only in the EVIC besides that error. Though I would load a CD in it to see if that error would go away, but it does not. Still says "No CDs loaded".

Vehicle info part of the OEM section does work though. That is the only OEM piece that works. I know not a lot of features in there works, but I have seen that vehicle info and gauges usually work from posts of the early year cars from the device.

Other than the Gauges inop and No CDs loaded errors, the device is working fine. No other issues.
How can I get the OBD2 disconnected to be connected? Also the EVIC message gone.

Thanks.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: DDX9902s Getting OBD2 Disconnected Message

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:44 pm

An 05 Magnum likely don't have the required high speed CAN network at the OBDII required to get the vehicle gauges displayed, as it was not mandated until 2008 model year.

The "No CDs Loaded" message is the default message in the EVIC cluster when other source info cannot be displayed. Besides some basic meta data like station information there aren't custom sources we can display in the cluster. That is a vehicle limitation unfortunately.

The vehicle information you do get is derived from a different, Medium Speed CAN network, and is why that shows even when gauges do not
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

siev55
New User

Post by siev55 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:51 pm

The 05 LX platform does have the HIGH-speed CANBUS. My gauges are working now. Had to sync up. Another early LX person has the same issue, gauges do work, but has to sync up first after being disconnected, then it works fine after that.

Next question, What PIDS are available for logging in the gauges section of a kenwood stereo (DDX9902s).
Stock PIDS are RPM, MPH, Fuel, load, and IAT.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu May 03, 2018 8:49 am

Dara DeGrand wrote:We don't have a list of what gauges each vehicle gets, because it can differ from vehicle to vehicle, even based on something as simple as different trim levels. As far as the gauges we can support, there are:

Acceleration
Accelerator Pedal Position
Air Fuel Ratio
Average Fuel Economy
Battery Voltage
Boost/Vacuum
Dist. to Empty
Engine coolant Temp
Engine Load
Engine Oil Temp
Exhaust Gas Temp
Fuel Level
Fuel pressure
Instantaneous Fuel Economy
Intake air Temp
Intake Manifold Air Pressure
Mass Air Flow
RPM
Throttle Plate Position
Timing advance
Torque
Transmission Fluid Temp
Vehicle Speed

I hope this helps,
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

siev55
New User

Post by siev55 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks for the update on the PIDs. Quick other question. Just checked the weblink and it shows a new firmware dated April 20, 2018 (ADS-RR(SR)-CHR02-DS (512) (3.5)) but only shows install guide and support links. Is there an actual firmware to download and install or is it an install guide revision.

Thanks.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri May 04, 2018 4:47 pm

We updated the firmware, but none of the updates are relevant to your setup. There's no need for you to do anything.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro RR”