2007 Chevy Avalanche LT without BOSE

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
cableeb
New User

2007 Chevy Avalanche LT without BOSE

Post by cableeb » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:32 pm

I have a 2007 Avalanche LT without BOSE or Nav. When I bought the truck, it had an Alpine INE-W940 with an Axxess GMOS-01 + ASWC-1. I had my truck broken into while at work and went through insurance for repair. They had their audio shop install a Kenwood DNX694S. I asked the audio shop to swap out the Axxess for your line, but they refused per insurance mandate. They, instead kept the existing harness adapter.

I would still like to switch to your line. Is there any way to use the Maestro for OBD2 interface without completely swapping out all of the harnesses? It would be much easier to sell to my wife that I am just adding on a feature the HU is capable of rather than swapping the entire adapter setup.

Thanks in advance.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2007 Chevy Avalanche LT without BOSE

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:56 pm

With this vehicle, you would need to remove the module and harnesses and swap for our product. The way the firmware is written for GM vehicles requires data signal for the module to wake up and function. This wouldn't be feasible without the GM specific maestro harness installed as well.

I hope this helps,
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

cableeb
New User

Re: 2007 Chevy Avalanche LT without BOSE

Post by cableeb » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Thank you very much for your help. Will wait for some warm days to make the swap.

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”