Additional vehicle info for Nissan vehicles

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
cblaxx19
New User

Additional vehicle info for Nissan vehicles

Post by cblaxx19 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:53 pm

I am wondering what is preventing the Maestro RR from being able to pull the additional vehicle info such as tire pressures and battery voltage on Nissan vehicles. I know that this info is available through the OBD2 port via scan tool. Does idatalink not have the correct scan tool codes to be able to pull this info? is this something that could come later on down the road with an update to nissan scan codes?

Thanks

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Additional vehicle info for Nissan vehicles

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:17 am

Yes, the additional info is at the OBD2, but it is on data lines that we do not currently read. They are proprietary data codes, which will require vehicle specific R&D and extensive testing. We are looking into coming out with a t-harness solution for NIssan in the future, which would include more features, but it's not an active project at this time.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

carterml
New User

Post by carterml » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 pm

I would like to replace my Maestro SW with the RR, too; this would allow me to take advantage of more of my Kenwood head unit's capabilities. More than a year has passed since your last post on this subject. Is there any possibility that this will become "an active project" anytime in the near future? Is this a Nissan issue or a Kenwood issue or an ADS resource allocation issue? There seems to be a need/desire among Nissan owners for this product that would likely grow if and when a T-harness becomes available.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:13 pm

It's on the list of projects, so we will likely start R&D within the next few months.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

carterml
New User

Post by carterml » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Thanks. Just wondering if the Subaru T-harness would make a good starting point as I used a harness from AutoHarnesshouse.com to install my Kenwood head unit. I know it's compatible with the Nissan wiring harness except that two of the steering wheel control wires that connect to the SW are pinned incorrectly and would have to be switched. I don't know very much about the OBD-II interface but I would think that, since most of the outputs are mandated in the standard, fewer than the 16 total connections will require research (hopefully). Fingers crossed!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:35 am

The Subaru harness is NOT a good idea. Every vehicle's firmware is coded to match the harness we make for it, so if you try to do workarounds, it will not work. Please be patient- nissan's harnesses are all over the place, so that makes them very complicated and time consuming to cover.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro RR”