Weird beep noise sometimes thru speakers

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Berninge91
New User

Weird beep noise sometimes thru speakers

Post by Berninge91 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:20 pm

I have a 2014 chevy cruze ls with aftermarket stereo installed and sometimes there is a weid beep noise thru speakers that happens often sometimes or not at all.. any idea what it could be??? I have a video recording with the sound if u want i can send to u

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Weird beep noise sometimes thru speakers

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:07 am

Yes, please send it to support@idatalink.com so we can see what you're referring to.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Bgaddis
New User

Post by Bgaddis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:13 pm

2 things. One, I wish everyone would post the solution to these questions. Lots of questions, with "I'll look", and then no answer.

B. I had a random beeping noise making me crazy while I was driving. Took awhile but found it was the head units' navigation "Over speed limit" notification was on (Kenwood dnx994s). And it keeps coming on every time you go down below and then back up over the current speed limit. No adjustment for a dead band (don't go off unless 5 mph over speed limit, etc.). I ended up turning it off.

Subby748
New User

Post by Subby748 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:13 pm

I’m having what sounds like a similar problem to the original poster and curious if you ever found a solution

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:54 am

It's been nearly a year, so I am having difficult time remembering. However, I don't think we ever got a video of the issue, so i doubt it is resolved. Could you take a video for us and send it to support@idatalink.com ?
Bgaddis wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:13 pm
B. I had a random beeping noise making me crazy while I was driving. Took awhile but found it was the head units' navigation "Over speed limit" notification was on (Kenwood dnx994s). And it keeps coming on every time you go down below and then back up over the current speed limit. No adjustment for a dead band (don't go off unless 5 mph over speed limit, etc.). I ended up turning it off.
^^^What kind of radio do you have? Is it possible you're experiencing something like the post quoted above?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”