2006 Cadillac cts DIC

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Blackedoutnj
New User

2006 Cadillac cts DIC

Post by Blackedoutnj » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:30 pm

I was wondering if idata was going to come out for a solution for the 06 caddy cts to be able to change the radio and still be able to have the driver info center useable?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2006 Cadillac cts DIC

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:07 am

Blackedoutnj,
Coverage for the cts isn't something we're currently working on. I can't say if we'll look into it in the future, but I do know that we're not looking into a solution for that vehicle at this time.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

rydan1400
New User

Post by rydan1400 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:02 am

I am curious as to why many makes, Cadillac in particular are so limited in your support. Some vehicle makes seem to have no offerings after 2014 and that makes it look like iDatalink is not expanding, or even possibly not going to be around for any long term support. I hope I am wrong; I have many of your products installed in my vehicles (3) and I cannot even count how many friends & family members have them as well. What brought this topic up was a vehicle we have just purchased for one of my sons. It is a 2007 Cadillac STS. As with ALL our vehicles, we upgrade many features (wheels, tires, audio and video, grills, seating, etc) for a more custom/appealing vehicle. Through our installer, We have ordered all modules and wiring that we need for the Kenwood DDX9902 system we are having installed (steering wheel control modules, etc)...we just found out that there IS NO SUPPORT for any of the factory systems and vehicle info (AC and heat controls, tire sensors, engine, etc.) I am afraid I do not quite understand why this is the case and would appreciate some insight. Is it something a person could do on their own - meaning buying the closest Maestro setup and then making whatever can work, work? The Kenwood deck certainly has the capability; the vehicle HAS the information coming from it; we have all steering wheel controls working with unit and cell phones, etc....so from a technical point of view, it MAKES sense that it COULD work. It is embarrassing when one of my employees has an older base F150 with the Kenwood deck I recommended, and he can control his AC, heat, tire pressure displays, etc....and yet on all of our "more expensive" and higher end vehicles, all we can do is use the steering wheel to turn u the volume!

Anyway, is there something that COULD be worked to make this work? Even without direct help from your company....is it something a good installer and some savvy people could make work? And on that note, WHY would you not have support available for so many newer makes? Specifically Cadillac because that is the brand we love - we have an SRX (soon to be an XT5), a CTS-V, an ATS-V, and now an STS-V)....I am floored we can do nothing with them, yet a "Work-truck F150" has it all available. What am I missing here that I do not know? Please and thank you in advance for ANY help you can provide!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 am

We don't support this vehicle because the plugs are different than the harness that the other GM vehicles use (suburban, silverado, escalade, etc). Because those vehicles are more likely to have aftermarket radios installed, and more of them were produced and sold, they are a higher priority in terms of coverage.

It is doubtful that an installer would be able to make it work, as there are a lot of data controlled systems in the car. They might be able to do extensive relocation of the OEM parts somehow, but that would be the only way I would see that install coming together.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”