Ram 1500

kapierce
New User

Re: Ram 1500

Post by kapierce » Thu May 28, 2015 6:59 am

Dara, thanks for your consistent updates on the product status. I'm thrilled that it has finally come to market. With that being said, I see that it is currently only compatible with a Alpine and Kenwood head units. Can you say if you'll be adding the Pioneer NEX line anytime soon (or at all)?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu May 28, 2015 9:02 am

CH3 works with the iDatalink compatible Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine units.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

kapierce
New User

Post by kapierce » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:58 pm

I understand that it works with compatible Pioneer, Alpine and Kenwood units. But specifically, my question is regarding the Pioneer NEX series. Maestro lists compatibility with that deck series for the 2014 Ram 1500 truck - everything EXCEPT the climate controls. Unfortunately, that is the only truck control that has certain features only accessible via the Uconnect stock stereo. There is no way to manually change which vent you want air to come out (windshield, dash, or feet area).

Can you tell me if that is a limitation of Pioneer's decks or Maestro? And if Maestro, are there plans to add that feature for that Pioneer line? Thanks.

kapierce
New User

Post by kapierce » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:43 am

Also, the Maestro RR shows compatibility with certain Kenwood and Alpine units and the ability to control the factory climate settings. However, it's difficult to see in the photo/diagram which climate controls it can adjust. Specifically, I need to know if it can control airflow vent selection (windshield, dash, feet). That selection function is the ONLY climate control that I cannot change through any other means other than the Uconnect stereo interface.

I'm so terribly wanting to get out of the stock unit and into an after-market head unit for better sound, but need to know that I can control the airflow vents. Will you please confirm whether the Maestro RR can specifically adjust this climate control option? Thank you.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:39 am

kapierce wrote: Can you tell me if that is a limitation of Pioneer's decks or Maestro? And if Maestro, are there plans to add that feature for that Pioneer line?

I'm so terribly wanting to get out of the stock unit and into an after-market head unit for better sound, but need to know that I can control the airflow vents. Will you please confirm whether the Maestro RR can specifically adjust this climate control option?
It is a limitation of Pioneer. When they first partnered with us, they chose not to retain climate controls. We are hoping that the 2016 models will have full iDatalink functionality. With iDatalink compatible Alpine and Kenwood radios, there is full retention of the auto climate controls.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “CH3 radio replacement solution”