Fatal error detected

Find answers to common installation issues with the WebLink mobile.
Murph
Site Admin

Re: Fatal error detected

Post by Murph » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Version 1.4 is the newesrt version. There has been 5 versions since launch.
Brian Murphy
MECP Advanced Certified Installer
ADS Tech Support
Automotive Data Solutions inc.
8400, Bougainville, Montreal, QC.
1-866-427-2999
support@idatalink.com

kimmysawi
New User

Post by kimmysawi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:14 am

Wombler wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:04 pm
The 6000 would have been updated somewhere around July/August 2014 when I transferred it from the previous vehicle to the current. That is also when I added the BladeAL and flashed it for the current vehicle. Since then I have not been able to get my USB flasher to work with this brain. I called iDataLink tech support about a year ago to figure out why my USB flasher was no longer working and he determined it was either A)the 4 pin cable between Flasher and Brain, or B)something in the 6000. Considering the USB flasher was brand new and had only been used this once, otherwise was kept properly in the box it came in, visit phenq review here I would hope the cable was still fine. (However, I know we used to go through these all the time at my old shop :roll: ) Again, this odd issue is what led me to finally getting the WLM to hopefully bypass the issue. Updating the WLM with the PC Flasher didn't use this 4pin cable, so I still don't know about that :lol:

SOOOO, either there have been more updates since that time in 2014, and/or there is some issue in the 6000 and I'm S.O.L. without replacing it.... :? It has been working fine installed, I've just been having some tach sensing issues and I don't know if it's set in Tachless mode, or it's not getting a proper tach signal from the CAN-BUS! (2006 Jeep Commander)

If that is the case, regarding my 2nd 6000 that has a BladeAL from before Jan. 2014- should it still show up in the WLM with the Blade pulled out? It is installed in an odd place that is really hard to get to, so I haven't tried to dig it out yet just to "try" this. I think this one was installed in 2012 sometime, so it would also have outdated firmware. It's at least another brain to try?
It will be great to make these BaldeAl to that Idatalink seriously

Murph
Site Admin

Post by Murph » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:33 am

kimmysawi wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:14 am
Wombler wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:04 pm
The 6000 would have been updated somewhere around July/August 2014 when I transferred it from the previous vehicle to the current. That is also when I added the BladeAL and flashed it for the current vehicle. Since then I have not been able to get my USB flasher to work with this brain. I called iDataLink tech support about a year ago to figure out why my USB flasher was no longer working and he determined it was either A)the 4 pin cable between Flasher and Brain, or B)something in the 6000. Considering the USB flasher was brand new and had only been used this once, otherwise was kept properly in the box it came in, visit phenq review here I would hope the cable was still fine. (However, I know we used to go through these all the time at my old shop :roll: ) Again, this odd issue is what led me to finally getting the WLM to hopefully bypass the issue. Updating the WLM with the PC Flasher didn't use this 4pin cable, so I still don't know about that :lol:

SOOOO, either there have been more updates since that time in 2014, and/or there is some issue in the 6000 and I'm S.O.L. without replacing it.... :? It has been working fine installed, I've just been having some tach sensing issues and I don't know if it's set in Tachless mode, or it's not getting a proper tach signal from the CAN-BUS! (2006 Jeep Commander)

If that is the case, regarding my 2nd 6000 that has a BladeAL from before Jan. 2014- should it still show up in the WLM with the Blade pulled out? It is installed in an odd place that is really hard to get to, so I haven't tried to dig it out yet just to "try" this. I think this one was installed in 2012 sometime, so it would also have outdated firmware. It's at least another brain to try?
It will be great to make these BaldeAl to that Idatalink seriously
I'm sorry, I can't understand what you typed.
Brian Murphy
MECP Advanced Certified Installer
ADS Tech Support
Automotive Data Solutions inc.
8400, Bougainville, Montreal, QC.
1-866-427-2999
support@idatalink.com

Return to “Weblink Mobile”