Fuel gauge incorrect, and gauge options suggestion

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
cryocide
New User

Fuel gauge incorrect, and gauge options suggestion

Post by cryocide » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:11 pm

My first question regards a problem:
Problem: My Vehicle Gauges page shows between 34% and 39% (and range shows 50-58 miles) when I only have 6.5% fuel (1.25 gallons) remaining.

OBD-II communications (Door warnings, TPMS, RPM, temperature gauges) work correctly, along with factory amp controls. Fuel tank size is set to 19 gallons and engine size is set to 5.7L, 8 cylinders in Maestro settings.

Equipment:
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T (19 gallon tank), 5-speed automatic, multi-displacement system
Maestro ADS-MRR
CH1 harness
JVC KW-M730BT head unit
OEM amplifier (6-speaker Boston Acoustics package) with uConnect

I searched and found a post in the Toyota section where someone did a workaround by subtracting the fuel reserve from the tank size. Is this how it's supposed to work? The tank is 19 gallons, and the warning light comes on with 2 gallons remaining. I'd prefer to get it working correctly through updated firmware rather than try a workaround if at all possible.

Second question is a request for gauge options:
Can you add an option to the RPM gauge (or separately if needed) for current A/T gear? The data is available on the CAN bus and the car uses it to display the current gear on the cluster when in auto-stick mode. Unfortunately, I can't confirm the correct PIDs for this item. I have a link to an old lxforums (dot) com post where someone else dumped the Chrysler-specific PIDs. I'll post the link if you'd like, but out of respect for the admins, I won't direct-link without your consent.

Thanks, and have an awesome day!

billr
ADS Team

Re: Fuel gauge incorrect, and gauge options suggestion

Post by billr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:53 am

Hello,
Our calculations are based on what tank size and engine then the fuel gauge info on the bus however your Challenger may calculate the fuel remaining differently not including the reserve, however that is up to the manufacturer. I would recommend changing your tank size to see if the numbers more closely match.

As for suggestions, we are always open to new ideas on gauge info. You can PM me the link if you like.
Bill
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

cryocide
New User

Re: Fuel gauge incorrect, and gauge options suggestion

Post by cryocide » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:31 am

PM sent, and thanks! I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes!

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”