2012 Camry Hybrid, no screen

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
stytronix
New User

2012 Camry Hybrid, no screen

Post by stytronix » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Hello,
I have a 2012 Camry Hybrid LE with no screen. I had gone ahead and bought the T02 harness but now after trying to match with my steering wheel, I can't find any matches.

I have more buttons than what is on the "base" install and I also have Bluetooth buttons that have integration with voice but are not on my steering wheel, but to the left of the steering wheel on the panel.

A few questions.
1) Is the idatalink compatible with this car?
2) If so, is the T02 cable correct?
3) What options would I pick to make this work considering I don't have a steering wheel that matches.

My car looks more like the cars with navigation but my phone buttons are not on the steering wheel.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Camry Hybrid, no screen

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:04 am

Can you take a picture of your wheel and post it here so I can see what you have?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

stytronix
New User

Post by stytronix » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Sure thing. Is there a way to upload it to the board or do I need to upload the pic to a public facing server?

Also, BTW, I went ahead and hooked up the radio. Most everything is working with exception of guages, car info etc. Instructions did not say to hook up OBD2 connector but thinking maybe my car isn't passing the info through the standard connections and I need to do this?

Also, the way I programmed my steering wheel, it somewhat works. Maybe I need to change how I mapped some of the buttons. volume up/down works but my buttons that should change channel/track are also doing volume up/down. Other menu button is working as expected for short and long press. I feel like i'm really close just not quite there.

Lastly radio is not recognizing my parking brake being pressed. I was trying to upload a new firmware but won't let me choose the option. Is that something that would get passed in the OBD interface?

Sorry for all the items, just trying to catalog my open issues.

Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:37 am

You can host on photobucket, imgur, etc, or you might be able to just upload the file and attach it.

You steering wheel buttons are working exactly how you programmed them. I just looked at your flash and you assigned the Up/Down buttons to do volume Up/Down. Reflash with the correct configuration and they should work just fine.

In TO2, the data for gauges should be behind the radio. Not hooking up OBD2 wouldn't make a difference.

Have you tried engaging the brake and releasing it a few times, then leaving it engaged? You didn't say what kind of radio you have, but some radios need multiple pulses to recognize the brake.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

stytronix
New User

Post by stytronix » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks. I did try e-brake releasing and resetting once but did not try multiple times. Will try later today when I can get to car.

Radio is Pioneer AVH-2330NEX

Pic of steering wheel:

Since I am not getting car data in radio, did I do something wrong then or should I try hooking up the ODB2 cable?

Thanks again.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am

I think the TO2 is not the right harness for you. In the base model Camry (without the screen), the correct harness and firmware is TO1, not TO2. This would make all the difference in the features that you're missing.

Unfortunately, plugging in the OBD port of the TO2 wouldn't give you the features you're missing because the harnesses are built differently.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro RR”