Maestro RR on Honda Civic Si with navigation Steering wheel

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
maaxboost
New User

Maestro RR on Honda Civic Si with navigation Steering wheel

Post by maaxboost » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:27 am

How you doing and Greetings from Colombia(South America), I´m in the process of installing the Maestro RR with a pioneer AVI8200NEX, everything is plugged and working properly when the unit is flashed has a NON factory navigation car (which my car is) however with my previous radio; Pioneer as well with a normal integration harness, I was able to retrofit the navigation steering wheel controls and have voice and back buttons.

If I flas the car as a factory Navigation car, the Maestro stop working, I´m wondering if There is any way to make it work ? :?:

Thanks in advance

Andres

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro RR on Honda Civic Si with navigation Steering wheel

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:25 pm

What exactly stops working?

There is additional wiring to make those extra buttons work, so that could cause issues. If you could be more specific, that would be very helpful.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

maaxboost
New User

Post by maaxboost » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:36 pm

thanks for the fast response, yes I´ve add wires to make the steering wheel navigation buttons work.
The unit itself blinks red an the radio wont turn ON, once I re Flash the unit as a non Navi car it works again but of course I wont be able to get Voice On and back buttons form the navigation steering wheel

I hope that I´m being specific enough, please let me know if I can add more detail

Thanks

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:49 pm

We don't power the radio in this solution. Are you using the HO1 harness?
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

maaxboost
New User

Post by maaxboost » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:09 pm

yes, I´m using the HO1 harness as the instruction stated.

I have connected the Orange/red cable (NAV only) labeled to the extra cable running from the factory harness that makes the navigation steering wheel work with my previous radio

Its really weird because when I Flash the unit with everything connected as a civic NON Navi all the funtions work, including audio controls on the radio but not the navigation part, then when I flash the car as a NAVIGATION the Maestro start blinking RED and the radio wont even Power ON.

I See on the Web Link that there is an option for custom steering wheel, but not able to access it.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:09 pm

We're still missing some essential information here. What year is your civic? What is the serial number of your RR? If i'm going to help you I need to be able to check your flashing history.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

maaxboost
New User

Post by maaxboost » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:58 pm

it´s a 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe, no Navigation with factory AMP and the OEM Navigation steering wheel retrofit.

The new Head unit is a AVI8200NEX, and the serial number is 07E5C61B26

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:06 am

If you flash as a 2010 with navigation, you will get the wrong firmware (as the 2010 civic with navigation does not use the same firmware), and that is what must be happening.

If you flash as an older civic (2008) with navigation, it should work.

Past that, if it still does not work, we need a multimeter to read the power wires from the car and the maestro. The red/black on the HO1 harness should have 12v DC when the key is in acc or on. If that is good, we need to meter the heavy gauge red wire on the 3-pin power connector of the RR. Does this red wire have 12v on it when the key is on?
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

maaxboost
New User

Post by maaxboost » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:43 am

Hi Dara, it worked. I re flashed the car as a 2008 and the radio work perfectly. However the steering wheel talk an back buttons are not working.

Ill check with a voltmeter the values that are traveling from the wire that I add form the clock spring to the Orange wire on the maestro to check the values.

besides that everything is working properly

one question, does the NAV only wire orange/red needs or reed an specific value?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:58 am

The maestro is looking on the orange/red for:

Back - 660 Ohms
Voice - 2264 Ohms

The circuit should read 10,000 Ohms when no button is being pressed.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

maaxboost
New User

Post by maaxboost » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:04 pm

thanks for the info, Ill check tonight and et you know

maaxboost
New User

Post by maaxboost » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:53 am

Finally able to work on the car, guess what I disconnected the Orange/red cable and plug the pink/red label Bluetooth and it worked, I have my Talk and back buttons working with the radio :D

There is a delay of 20 seconds the first time you power up the unit for the steering wheels buttons to work, but besides that everything seems to be working properly. 8)

dspanthagani
New User

Post by dspanthagani » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:18 am

I had the same issue. 2008 Civic w/ Factory Navigation and sterling wheel controls. Voice and Back button on steering wheel did no work until I used the 'pink/orange' wire labeled 'Bluetooth' instead of the 'orange/red' wire labeled 'NAV Only.'

Either the labeling or the firmware may need to be updated for the Civic steering wheel controls.

Otherwise, love the module... you guys knocked it out of the park. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

maaxboost
New User

Post by maaxboost » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Well, everithibg was working fine till yesterday, I was not able to hook up my back up camera since I was having some pieces of my trunk repainted. Finally yestarday I was able to finish the installation. I Put the camera in place and I was testing to make sure everithing was working properly. I put the car in reverse and eerything was working fine then I went to a parking lot to sert the parking lines, and all of the sudden the radio turned off, now when I turn the car the radio keeps showing the loading screen. I have to reset the radio in order to work and when I put the car in reverse the camera doesn´t comes on, but if I selected it form the menu both front a back cameras works fine :(

any help will be apreciated

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:54 am

All the maestro is responsible for doing is putting 12v on the purple/white wire when the car is in reverse. If that is working, then this is a radio problem. You're still using a Pioneer radio? That sounds like it might be a firmware bug.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro RR”