2012 ADM Ford Focus ST Reverse Sensor

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
spamaydin
New User

2012 ADM Ford Focus ST Reverse Sensor

Post by spamaydin »

Thank you in advance for your help. I have a 2012 Australian Spec Ford Focus ST with SYNC 4.3" screen. I have used the RR and FOC1 kit to perform the upgrade with an Alpine ILX-107.

The vehicle comes with factory reverse sensors and camera. I have managed to get the camera working with a workaround (Fakra to RCA wire) as the supplied camera harness did not work despite hooking up to a reverse signal from the BCM. My main issue is that I can't get the reverse sensors to beep. I have tried re-flashing the 3.3 firmware. I have also tried to disable SYNC in the hopes this would make a difference to no avail. Not sure if there is something obvious that I'm missing.

Further to this, I have no climate overlay (which I assume is just not available for my spec) and no metadata overlay from SYNC. I can get all the readings from the OBDII (speed, RPM etc).

I appreciate your help.

Chris LaRoche

Re: 2012 ADM Ford Focus ST Reverse Sensor

Post by Chris LaRoche »

Hi,

I can't claim to be an expert on the Australian spec Focus, there may be some variance from the US/Canadian market vehicles we test our firmware to work with. With the stock radio in place, where do the chimes come from? I believe they should be integrated into the instrument cluster/gauges.

I have to assume there are some differences, as all our FOC1 applications acquire the reverse camera image from the 12 pin connector that was at the 4.3" screen, using that prewired RCA plug.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

spamaydin
New User

Re: 2012 ADM Ford Focus ST Reverse Sensor

Post by spamaydin »

Thank you for your prompt response.

I believe it is closest to an NA ST3 spec. The chimes including sync appear to come out of the main speakers. Interestingly if the 12 pin connector is disconnected the camera does not appear to come on despite not being wired together now. I assume there is some feedback. There are a number of fakra connectors on the back of the 4.3" which are no longer connected except for the radio plugs. Would these have anything to do with it?

The system itself is otherwise working quite well and I can actually see the visual confirmation that the sensors are working with the squares lighting up green/yellow/red on the reverse camera overlay. The only issue is now the lack of sensor beeping.

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”