Next Preset Function

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
gargoyle999
New User

Next Preset Function

Post by gargoyle999 »

I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK and will be installing a Kenwood eXcelon DMX907S. On the backside of the steering wheel on the left side there is the Seek up/ Seek down and the Next Preset button in the middle. With the OEM radio and in Sirius when I push the Next Preset button it does just that, goes to the next preset Sirius station. That is not a choice when flashing the RR in the drop down box. I did do a search for this issue and found something that may be similar. Is it an issue with this radio that next preset is not an option therefore I can't choose it for the RR? Is there any option I can choose when flashing the RR that will cycle through the Sirius presets when I push the Next Preset button?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Next Preset Function

Post by Dara DeGrand »

It's not an option because that is not how Kenwood designed it. When you're using the radio, at the very top of the screen when you're in the tuner source, you change the seek mode. I believe it will say 'Auto1', 'Auto2', etc. Tap it and it should cycle through the different seek modes. When you change this, it also changes how the steering wheel controls respond when you seek. I hope this helps.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”