2011 Wrangler | RR Taking Aux input, no other Aux available?

mixpix405
New User

2011 Wrangler | RR Taking Aux input, no other Aux available?

Post by mixpix405 »

2011 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, factory radio was RES with phone button, but I had no u-connect features
Replacement radio is Pioneer DMH-2660NEX, using Maestro RR + CH1

The installation instructions said to connect the maestro's Audio cable into the Aux port of the aftermarket radio, which I did. Everything is working as expected. I do not have any other aux input in the Jeep - not on the dash or inside the console or anything.

However, this leaves me without an aux input for use when convenient. Say my friend is riding with me and I want to hear something from his phone and I don't want to add him via Bluetooth - it would be convenient to have an aux input to use in situations like that.

If losing the aux is required for functionality, that is fine. But if it is not required, I'd love to free that up to run an aux to an accessible location in the Jeep.

Can anyone shed light on what that Audio cable connection between the Maestro and the radio is used for, and if it is something I can not use, in order to have a usable aux input?

Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2011 Wrangler | RR Taking Aux input, no other Aux available?

Post by Dara DeGrand »

The audio cable is the sound for uConnect. If you don't want to keep uConnect, you can forgo using it and use the AUX like normal.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “CH1 radio replacement solution”